|Name:||Cricut Design Space – v4.3.1|
|Requires||Windows 7 or above|
If you're looking for a great way to create custom designs, the Cricut Design Space app is the perfect option. It allows you to easily create and edit your projects, making it a breeze to get the results you're looking for. Plus, it's compatible with Windows PC, making it easy to use no matter what device you have.
Cricut is a brand of computer-controlled cutting machines, also known as cutting plotters. These machines are called Cricut markers or, more popularly as Cricuts. These are state-of-the-art machines that are focused on crafters, especially home crafters. Currently, there are three models that the maker sells. These machines are used to make precision cuts and drawings on a number of materials such as paper, felt, fabric, leather, mat board, and wood. Cricut Design Space is the official design software that Cricuts support. This software enables users to work with preloaded designs, create new fonts, and set cutting and printing parameters. Essentially, Design Space acts as an interface between the Cricuts and the user.
There are three models of Cricut machines available in the market today. All three have the same basic function. However, higher-end models have some extra features compared to the lower-end ones. Cricut machines resemble printers in look and are almost similar in operation. All three models feature computer-guided systems that actuate a block that holds a tool. Tools include blades for tasks such as cutting and embossing as well as markers and pens for drawing. All tools are interchangeable and can be used for multiple functions.
Cricut Joy: Cricut Joy is the smallest of the three models and it easily fits into a bag. These are mainly used to create labels, custom cards, and personalized decals, all with a professional touch. They can work on fifty materials and feature three tools. Cutting force and speed are standard on this device. Being a portable device, it features only Bluetooth connectivity. They are also compatible with smart materials 5.5 inches wide and up to 20 feet long.
This is the current second-tier model, it is the successor of the Explore Air 2 and is twice as fast as its predecessor. These can work with over a Hundred lightweight and specialty materials. Six tools can be used with this model and work on smart materials 13 inches wide and 75 feet long. This model has got Bluetooth as well as USB connectivity.
Cricut Maker is the most powerful and versatile Cricut Space Design available today. It was built to replace the original Cricut Maker and can work with over three hundred materials including everything compatible with the Explore 3 and also fabric, leather, balsa wood, and more. This model features twice the cutting speed as the original Cricut Maker and up to ten times the cutting force. It can use thirteen types of tools and can work with smart material 13 inches wide and 75 feet long.
If you are a crafter, you have probably heard of Cricut Design Space. It is a popular app that allows users to create designs for crafting projects. But what if you don't have an iPhone or iPad? Or maybe you want to use your computer instead of your phone or tablet? No problem! You can still use Cricut Design Space on your PC by using an emulator like Bluestacks.
Method 1: Install Cricut Design Space using Bluestacks
1. Download and install Bluestacks on your computer. You can download it for free from the Bluestacks website.
2. Once Bluestacks is installed, launch it and sign in with your Google account.
3. Search for "Cricut Design Space" in the Bluestacks app store and install the app.
4. Launch Cricut Design Space and sign in with your Cricut ID.
5. You should now be able to use Cricut Design Space on your computer just like you would on your phone or tablet!
1.Download and install Nox App Player on your computer. You can download it for free from the Nox website.
2. Once Nox is installed, launch it and sign in with your Google Play App Store.
3. You'll find the "Cricut Design Space app, Now sign in with your Cricut ID.
4. You should now be able to use Cricut Design Space on your computer just like you would on your phone or tablet!
Both Bluestacks and Nox App Player are free to download and use. However, Bluestacks is available for Windows and Mac while Nox App Player is only available for Windows. So if you are using a Mac, you will need to use Bluestacks. If you are using Windows, you can use either Bluestacks or Nox App Player.
1. Open the application.
2. Sign in to your Cricut account.
3. This application is compatible only with Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker devices. You can either use a USB cable to connect these to your PC or via Bluetooth.
4. If you have a Bluetooth-enabled PC and wish to pair your Cricut via Bluetooth, ensure that your Cricut is powered on and placed anywhere within a 10 -15 feet radius around your computer. Make sure to turn on Bluetooth on your PC and to make it visible.
5. Open Bluetooth settings from your quick access tray or the device settings.
6. On the Bluetooth settings page click on the option to add Bluetooth or other devices.
7. Select Bluetooth and wait until your PC can detect your Cricut.
8. Once your device is listed, select it.
9. You might be prompted to enter a PIN. In that case type 0000 and click on the option to connect.
10. Your Cricut is now paired with your Windows PC.
Inside the application, you will have the option to start a new project.
Once you start a new project a design space opens up.
The tools available in a design space are as follows
Template: These are templates for your project, for example, if you are designing a T-shirt sticker, you can use the search option to find a suitable T-shirt type and use it as a template to align your design, you can either create a design from scratch or use a readymade design.
Project: This menu allows you to choose from a vast library of ready-to-work projects which are created by other users. These may or may not be free. These projects can be customized and instructions and guidelines pertaining to printing and the material to be used are also included with each project
Images: This is a library of images that you can use for your projects, there are free as well as paid images.
Text: This option allows you to create random texts and apply any font that you like. More fonts are available on Cricut access.
Shapes: This is a library for multiple shapes that you can incorporate into your designs.
Upload: This is the option for you to upload your own images to your design space. jpg, .png and .svg are some supported formats.
All these can be loaded onto your design space and customized according to your preferences before cutting or printing.
Make it: This is the option for transferring your design to your material using your Cricut. Once your design is complete, you can use this option to start cutting or printing. You can also choose your material and cutting or printing preferences from here.
Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
CPU: Intel Dual- Core or its AMD equivalent.
RAM: 4GB, HD - 2GB
USB port or Bluetooth connection
Display resolution: 1024 X 768 pixels.
Internet connection with minimum 2 to3 MBPS download speed and minimum 1 to2 MBPS upload speed.
Q1: How to connect via Bluetooth if my PC is not Bluetooth enabled?
Ans - You can use a Bluetooth dongle. Make sure to use a dongle that connects with audio devices.
Q2 - Is the app free?
Ans - The app by itself is free. But most advanced features are available in Cricut access which charges a subscription fee
Q3 - Can I use this app for my Cricut Joy?
Ans - No, this app is only for Cricut Maker or Explore device